Saturday, April 23, 2005

Comment to Dave Pollard

You said:(How to Save the World)

"If I were to edit a magazine, this is how it would be laid out. Built to last, to keep, and to provide ideas and insight you can actually use." Not a bad thought- the Brain taxonomy diagram is very helpful- In effect the How to Save the World blog IS the magazine.

Have you investigated how your audience USES the taxonomy - is there a tool at Salon for tracking this? Consider the potential of the collaborative filtering/recommendation engine that your audience couldl provide. Sort of like "Amazon meets Pollard"

BTW I have been browsing the Herman/Owen/Corrigan corridors of OpenSpace to get a better feel, and I have spent the time to read Herman's treatise on the "Dimensions of Organization" which leaves me wanting something crisper - I was hoping for a better "How to" approach to creating using his diagram - Maybe we can help him with that - if he is interested.

Corrigan's blog led me to this. http://www.grove.com/new/ds_gfretro.html What's New: Graphic Facilitation Retrospective Sibbet, Fred Lakin, Michael Doyle and David Strauss at Interaction Associates were all part of work I was leading at Iconix starting in 1978 and reminded me that I have been laboring in this Graphic Facilitation field for over 25 years. No wonder I like your graphics. We may want to include David Sibbet and the Drexler/Sibbet Performance Model ( and the Grove Group) as part of our expanding network of resources The Grove Consultants International: Drexler/Sibbet Team Performance™ Model
dave davison • 4/23/05; 9:15:56 AM #

No comments: